Here two or more workers will introduce the basics of skateboarding, and work with young people individually and as a group to progress, feel comfortable and learn basic moves. Everybody is encouraged to push themselves but nobody will be made to try anything they do not want to.
A course consists of six weekly one hour lessons, at a set time each week.
A new course starts after every school break. They will always be six weeks long regardless of term length, unless subject to bank holidays etc where we will be in touch.
Beginners classes currently run
Improvers classes currently run
November school term
Our next courses will start the week of October 30th. To book on to any course please click the appropriate link below and fill in the participant's details on the subsequent form. You will receive an invoice as confirmation of your booking. Please select 'Pay later' when signing up, and then follow the payment instructions on this page below.
You can view the number of remaining spaces on a course by clicking the appropriate link.
Tuesdays - 4:15 - 5:15pm starting October 31st Not running this term.
Once your form has been submitted, please use this Paypal form to make the payment. You don't need a Paypal account to do this
Please note: Due to the signup and payment processes using two different systems, you won't receive an official 'confirmation' email once complete. The invoice you receive will confirm that your booking was successful and a place has been reserved, and your Paypal confirmation email will confirm that the money was sent successfully. Slightly annoying we know, but it's all we have at the moment!
Complete these two steps and you're all done! If you have any questions before or after that are not answered on this page, contact us at email@example.com
If you cannot attend after booking please let us know so we can make the space available! If you wish to change days after signing up please get in touch, rather than signing up again. Thank you.
On our hugely popular beginners course we take eager learners through the first steps of skateboarding and help them become comfortable and confident. We start at the very beginning with standing and moving, staying safe and correct stance. We will then move along together into using ramps, basic moves and gaining full board control! Beginners lessons are group based, with extra allowance and support always being given to those who feel they want more (or less!) help. There is a maximum of 10 on each course.
In the beginners classes we will always start from the very beginning with each course, due to new members joining us. If there are a large amount who have been before we can do our best to compromise for this, but repeating members may need a little patience at times. Although a bit of refreshing is always good!
- Staying safe and using a skatepark safely
- Correct stance and riding comfortably
- Pushing and turning
- Rolling down and up ramps
- Dropping in
- Basic moves such as rolling off drops, manuals and pumping on ramps
- Turning on ramps
- Introduction to Ollies
- Gaining confidence, challenging yourself and conquering fears
- How to take what you have learned to help you in the future
- There's always time for a few other bits to throw in
What we expect
- We don't ask for much, just for your child to want to give it a go. Also to understand that this is a group lesson and we are all learning at once, and to listen and follow instructions even if they've heard it before or know it already!
If you feel your child may be well on the way to what is mentioned above you may want to consider the improvers, if in doubt give us a shout.
The improvers class is for young people that already have some experience on a board or have mastered the beginners, and are feeling more confident, starting to learn tricks etc. This usually takes a more individual structure. While the beginners course covers a more limited range, the improvers lets participants learn really anything they want, and ventures into the limitless world that skateboarding is.
What will we learn?
- Anything! Skating quickly becomes a very individual activity with people wanting to focus on different tricks and ramps.
- Skaters coming up from the beginners course can practice what they learned and work at doing it independently, as well as moving on to things not covered before.
- Staff will give more focussed time to individuals and small groups throughout the session.
- Being in a more free environment skaters can get comfortable being in an open park and learning more about park etiquette.
What we expect
- Improvers is more about confidence and determination that ability. There is no set level you need to be or test to pass to join, but skaters need to be happy to be able to practice certain things on their own as staff will not be with them the entire time.