Skateboard Tuition For Secondary School Ages
Learn to skate in a friendly and supportive environment
This course is for young people aged 11-16 who would like to try skating, or who are learning and want some help. Whether you’ve never stepped on a board or are still learning the basics, two of our coaches will help everyone individually and as a group to progress and gain confidence skating. Learn in a casual environment and meet new people to skate with!
What will we learn?
- Coaching will be tailored to every individual’s needs and ability level. If you’re brand new to skating we’ll take you through all the basics of skating, using ramps and basic moves. If you’ve already learned a bit we can help you improve what you can do and learn more.
- We’ll teach you how to be confident and comfortable on a board and in a skatepark. Skating in busy spaces can be intimidating, we’ll help you know what to do and feel ready to join in anywhere.
What we expect
- This course is for young people looking to learn to skate or gain confidence in their skating. Please only attend if you feel you will benefit from the more in-depth coaching on offer. If you’re comfortable attending open sessions and public parks then the course is likely not suitable. Staff are always on hand to help with learning new tricks at all our open sessions when asked.
Six weekly one hour lessons – £50
A new course starts every term, running on Tuesdays at 5:30pm
All of our lessons are currently on hold while we wait for a moveout date for the rebuild of BYC planned to take place. Once out, we will be relocating to a temporary space while the new facility is being built and will resume our lessons. We currently do not have a timeframe on when this will be. The skatepark remains open to the public every day until further notice. If you would like to be contacted once we have more information on when and where our next lessons will be able to take place, please submit your email address below and we’ll be in touch.
Our schedule, booking, and refund policy
Further schedule and booking details
• Courses start after every half term break, and become available to book on to through this page usually three weeks beforehand. Information on the next start and booking dates is always viewable on this page.
• Places are on a first come first serve basis. We do not take any bookings before they appear online and do not hold waiting lists.
• This course is aimed at being a short experience to give young people the confidence to skate and visit skateparks. While we’re happy to have people attend more than once, we do not give priority booking to this course for existing participants.
• These courses are in high demand and often sell out fast. If there are no spaces visible on this page then there are none available. We advise you not to promise your children skateboarding lessons before booking to avoid disappointment. Each registration must be completed in full individually and we cannot guarantee your being able to book for more than one person successfully.
• We will issue a full refund to the account debited, if contact is made by phone or email with a request to cancel the space at least 7 days before the start date. If notice is less than 7 days, we will issue a refund of half of the course cost. This is to cover potential loss of earnings from your space not being used. Requests for a refund on or after the date of the first lesson will not be honoured. We will request account details to arrange a bank transfer for any granted refunds.
• BYC holds no responsibility for any lessons that aren’t attended and will not issue partial refunds, discounts on future bookings, or free lessons on a future course, to make up for missed lessons.