Improvers Skateboard Tuition
Take skating to the next level. For ages 5 – 12
The improvers class is for young people that already have some experience on a board or have mastered the beginners, and want some assistance taking their skating to the next level. While the beginners course covers a more limited range, the improvers takes a more individual structure and lets participants learn really anything they want, venturing into the limitless world of skateboarding.
What will we learn?
- Anything! Skating quickly becomes a very individual activity with people wanting to focus on different tricks and ramps.
- Coaches will teach tricks that kids want to learn, as well as suggest new tricks based on their ability.
- We’ll also spend time as a group learning things such as
- Improving our Ollies
- Basic ramp tricks – Rock to fakie, Rock and roll, Axle stalls etc
- How to generate more speed and skate faster
- Using bigger ramps and taking tricks to different obstacles
- How to navigate a busy skatepark
- Skaters coming up from the beginners course can practice what they learned and work at doing it independently, as well as moving on to things not covered before.
- Staff will give more focussed time to individuals and small groups throughout the session.
- Being in a more free environment skaters can get comfortable being in an open park and learning more about park etiquette.
What we expect
- Improvers is more about confidence and determination that ability. There is no set level you need to be or test to pass to join, but skaters need to be happy to be able to practice certain things on their own as staff will not be with them the entire time.
November / December Term
Six weekly one hour lessons – £60
Our next lessons will start on the week beginning the 1st of November. They will be available to book on to on this page from 12pm on Monday 11th of October. Set a reminder!
How Our Schedule Works
- Courses start after every half term break, and become available to book on to through this page usually three weeks beforehand. Information on the next start and booking dates appear here as soon as we’ve confirmed them.
- Places are on a first come first serve basis. We do not take any bookings before they appear online. We do not hold waiting lists.
- Members of the previous course will be given a few days priority booking via email.
- We also hold courses through some school holidays. These will be announced as a few weeks prior.