Beginners Skateboard Tuition
A safe and friendly introduction to skateboarding for ages 5 – 12
On our hugely popular beginners course we take eager learners through the first steps of skateboarding and help them become comfortable and confident. We start at the very beginning with standing and moving, staying safe and correct stance. We will then move along together into using ramps, basic moves and gaining full board control! Beginners lessons are group based, with extra allowance and support always being given to those who feel they want more (or less!) help. There is a maximum of 10 on each course, and skateboards and safety equipment are provided.
- Staying safe and using a skatepark safely
- Correct stance and riding comfortably
- Pushing and turning
- Rolling down and up ramps
- Dropping in
- Basic moves such as rolling off drops, manuals and pumping on ramps
- Turning on ramps
- Introduction to Ollies
- Gaining confidence, challenging yourself and conquering fears
- How to take what you have learned to help you in the future
- There’s always time for a few other bits to throw in
What we expect
- We don’t ask for much, just for your child to want to give it a go. Also to understand that this is a group lesson and we are all learning at once, and to listen and follow instructions even if they’ve heard it before or know it already!
If you feel your child may be well on the way to what is mentioned above you may want to consider the improvers, if in doubt give us a shout.
November / December Term
Six weekly one hour lessons – £60
Our next lessons will start on the week beginning the 1st of November. They will be available to book on to on this page from 12pm on Monday 11th of October. Set a reminder!
These courses are for children who are first timers or very new to skating. Please make sure your child’s ability level is suitable for the course before booking. Contact us before booking if you’re unsure.
How Our Schedule Works
- Courses start after every half term break, and become available to book on to through this page usually three weeks beforehand. Information on the next start and booking dates appear here as soon as we’ve confirmed them.
- Places are on a first come first serve basis. We do not take any bookings before they appear online. We do not hold waiting lists.
- Members of the previous course will be given a few days priority booking via email.
- We also hold courses through some school holidays. These will be announced as a few weeks prior.