Beginners Skateboard Tuition
A safe and friendly introduction to skateboarding for ages 5 – 12
On our hugely popular beginners course we take eager learners through the first steps of skateboarding and help them become comfortable and confident. We start at the very beginning with standing and moving, staying safe and correct stance. We will then move along together into using ramps, basic moves and gaining full board control! Beginners lessons are group based, with extra allowance and support always being given to those who feel they want more (or less!) help. There is a maximum of 10 on each course, and skateboards and safety equipment are provided.
What will we learn?
- Correct stance and riding comfortably
- Pushing and turning
- Rolling down and up ramps
- Dropping in
- Turning on ramps
- Introduction to Ollies
- Staying safe and using a skatepark safely
- Gaining confidence, challenging yourself and conquering fears
- How to take what you have learned to help you in the future
- There’s always time for a few other bits to throw in
What we expect
- We don’t ask for much, just for your child to want to give it a go. Also to understand that this is a group lesson and we are all learning at once, and to listen and follow instructions even if they’ve heard it before or know it already!
If you feel your child may be well on the way to what is mentioned above you may want to consider the improvers, if in doubt give us a shout.
Term Time Courses
Six weekly one hour lessons – £60
We run four beginners courses each term. Choose from –
After October we will likely be starting the process of moving out of the centre for the impending rebuild planned to take place. We will be relocating to a temporary space while the new facility is being built. If you would like to be contacted once we have more information on when and where our next lessons will be able to take place, please submit your email address below and we’ll be in touch.
Our schedule, booking, and refund policy
Further schedule and booking details
• Courses start after every half term break, and become available to book on to through this page usually three weeks beforehand. Information on the next start and booking dates is always viewable on this page.
• Places are on a first come first serve basis. We do not take any bookings before they appear online and do not hold waiting lists.
• These courses are in high demand and often sell out fast. If there are no spaces visible on this page then there are none available. We advise you not to promise your children skateboarding lessons before booking to avoid disappointment. Each registration must be completed in full individually and we cannot guarantee your being able to book for more than one child successfully.
• Members of the previous course will be given one day’s priority to rebook for the next course via email. We recommend whitelisting email@example.com to ensure you receive this email in time.
• Please remember that due to priority booking for term time courses, some places will already be taken by the time they appear on this page.
• We also hold courses through some school holidays. These will be announced as a few weeks prior.
• We will issue a full refund to the account debited, if contact is made by phone or email with a request to cancel the space at least 7 days before the start date. If notice is less than 7 days, we will issue a refund of half of the course cost. This is to cover potential loss of earnings from your space not being used. Requests for a refund on or after the date of the first lesson will not be honoured. We will request account details to arrange a bank transfer for any granted refunds.
• BYC holds no responsibility for any lessons that aren’t attended and will not issue partial refunds, discounts on future bookings, or free lessons on a future course, to make up for missed lessons.
• While we will do our best to assist you, we take no responsibility for a booking made on to the wrong course date, and make no guarantee we can alter the booking.