Skatepark Job Vacancy
BYC is looking for a new member of our skatepark team
We’re looking for somebody to join us to work at the park throughout some afternoons and weekends. This will involve both staffing the skatepark during opening hours, and teaching weekly skateboarding lessons.
The job is a sessional role, and you will need to be fairly flexible to work during our operating hours. (largely weekdays from 4pm, weekend daytime and various times during school holidays. The hours we are currently looking to fill are –
- Tuesdays 4 – 6:45pm
- Thursdays 4 – 6:45pm
- Regular / semi-regular Sundays, usually around 7 hours from 10:30am
- Additional cover work when required
These times will be open to changes in the future as our timetable and staff situation changes. Further details on our schedule are available upon request, or will be given during the interview process.
Your roles will include –
- To work with other staff members in teaching skateboarding to all ages, in line with the existing approach to teaching laid out by staff at BYC.
- To lead on explanations and demonstrations during lessons
- Maintaining the running of the park while open to the public. Preparing for the park to open, signing in attendees and bringing a session to a close.
- Monitoring a session to make sure everyone is safe, that all attendees are there with good purpose and are respecting the park and its rules.
- To support young people when and where necessary in their development as skateboarders and positive members of society.
- To assist with the monitoring and evaluation and report on each session’s events and the young people’s development.
- Any other duties which are in line with the grade and general level of responsibility of the post.
You will need to have a strong ability in, and knowledge of, skateboarding. You will also need to be confident in working with and teaching people of all ages, especially children and teenagers. Previous experience in any relatable field is desirable. A desire to work as part of a team to help better the work done here at BYC and benefit its members is essential. Please refer to the staff specification below for a full understanding.
You will need to be at least 18 years old to apply.
The pay rate for the position is £8.21 p/h. There will also be scope to move into a leader in charge role for some sessions, following sufficient training and experience.
The successful applicant will be inducted and receive training for all roles and responsibilities.
To apply for the role, please complete the application form, referring to the job roles and staff specification for guidance. Email your completed application to email@example.com
Please email us if you have any questions regarding the role before applying.
Deadline for applications are Wednesday the 28th of August.
Successful applicants will be invited to an interview stage, currently scheduled to be the afternoon of Wednesday the 4th of September