This will be a FREE 8 hour introduction to basketball coaching course called the ACTIVATORS AWARD, and is taking place TWICE, both here at BYC and at the Manor Road Gym in Whitehawk, to give as many people as possible the opportunity.
This is a UNIQUE opportunity to gain an award for free, gain invaluable leadership experience as well as including numerous incentives such as –
- Official England Basketball recognised award.
- Free official basketballSUSSEX t-shirt.
- Free resources pack.
- Free basketball shoes! (upon successful completion of the programme including the leadership element)
- The chance to be taught by some of the best coaches in the South East.
- One candidate will also be selected to participate in a free Official UKCC Level 1 Coaching qualification (worth £165).
Candidates will be required to prove their leadership skills by leading short sessions to a small group of younger participants while supervised by qualified tutors. These will take place during a further 8 hours of practical delivery, which will be discussed during the course and confirmed at a later date. 4 hours of this have already been set for the Manor Road course.
Guest coach and Sussex basketball star Tom Ward (Professional player at Worthing Thunder and ex-NCAA div1 player) will also take part in the programme.
Dates for the training are as follows –
Manor Road Gym, Whitehawk-
July 22nd, July 29th, August 5th, August 12th, August 19th, August 26th, September 2nd, September 9th
All at 5 – 6:30pm
Brighton Youth Centre
August 14th, August 15th, both at 1 – 5 pm
Spaces are of course limited so if you would like to get involved hurry over and sign up!
For any questions contact the Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07931 237169